But alas! I’ve found my second wind and I’m back to enjoying video games regularly!
|It felt like an AA meeting. The movie is called wreck it Ralph
An obvious solution
Other supporting tools
Something is still missing
Despite all these modifications and tweaks, it still feels like an archipelago of scattered games with no theme or purpose to them. There is one missing piece of the puzzle.
Lutris the crown jewel
1. Lutris collects games across systems in one place, making them easier to find and see.
2. Lutris calculates the time played on each game.
3. Sets the resolution automatically and then sets it back to the system’s resolution after I’m done playing games.
4. If a joystick is connected to the computer, it is automatically recognized thanks to some tools Lutris has (depends on the game itself).
5. Lutris helps install some games from its library.
6. Lutris has useful wine settings embedded in the program itself that help diagnose the game issues.
Now that I’ve listed the software, lets dig in into the actual experience
2. Use a headset and joystick for maximum gaming effect. A lot of games actually recommend using the Joystick for a better experience, Mario 2012 is an example.
|A joystick / headset combo.
3. Sit comfortably, if you can get a beanbag that would probably be awesome! (I don’t have one yet).
|Beanbag, the perfect gaming companion
4. Keep it fresh and exciting, I’ve reviewed a bunch of awesome games on this blog, and there are hundreds more that can be downloaded for free.
5. Have fun, don’t over think stuff, don’t force it either. Things are best when they occur naturally.
Did you find your second wind before? What worked for you? Let me know in the comments section below.